12.18.2007

a few of my favorite things...

for me, the holiday season is the sweetest time of year! my heart is so very anxious for the upcoming week. i will be spending christmas with my entire family for the first time in a few years. it's so magical! i will be enjoying time off, reminiscing with my siblings and friends (i've known since i was 5), playing board games that make you delirious at late hours, catching up on missed time and enjoying a christmas movie marathon with all of my wonderful family. since finishing college, i have learned to appreciate these times greatly. my heart is at the point of aching for them. this season, though it has been crazy (at some points making me a bit nutty) has been thus far my favorite. i have so many things to be thankful for and i've been able to enjoy them more this year than i ever have in the past. my heart overflows!

so in honor of the holidays, i thought i'd list a few of my favorite things (great ideas for last minute shopping as well!)...



of course he tops my list! :)

adrian hitt photography gift certificate - perfect for friends and family that live in the area. you can purchase in any amount and they are good for the year. interested? email me at: adrian[at]adrianhitt[dot]com

earth dog
- looking for the perfect stocking stuffer for your puppies? earth dog is a local business of FANTASTIC dog products that are good for the earth and good for your dog. a MUST! (they're super nice and big fans of benny as well. he has the sage collar and looks mighty handsome in it!)

the one the only magnificent me
- currently my favorite children's book! great story and fantastic imagery. written by franklin's own, dan haseltine.

my holiday by mindy smith
- this was an early christmas present that brian picked up for me. i love mindy smith and this is a beautiful work. it's not the carpenters christmas, but listening worthy nonetheless!

the travel book
- a perfect coffee table book. very inspiring and is a consistent reminder of the need to travel this great place.

world peace please - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this shirt. if i had a child, he or she would wear one.

all strung out designs - unique handmade jewelry. so lovely and local!

give a dog. save a life. - a very popular holiday gift is the furry one that barks under the tree. rescue one from our local shelter! benny is the greatest gift we have ever received and he continues to fill our everyday lives with more love. come on... just go take a look at who needs a home. you know you want to :)

give clean water. give life.
- the greatest gift we can give is to care for others. a local organization, blood:water mission is a great vehicle to make this happen. did you know that $10 provides a lifetime of clean water for one person? 1 billion people in our world do not have access to clean water. thus, they die of curable diseases. help provide a natural resource this christmas and you could save one life or an entire village.

may your hearts overflow with peace and the greatest gift ... love! thanks for dropping by!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi adrian, thanks for your mention here! I continue to enjoy your posts. have a merry christmas!

Kate said...

Merry Christmas gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Adrian!