2.12.2008

birthdays

thursday was my birthday...it's funny how just a couple of years ago i anticipated this day... even counted down to it! now, i love having the special day but not the reminder that i've grown another year older. i no longer welcome the aging. nonetheless, it was a great day of sweet surprises and love from from family and friends. brian was the cutest... he made muffins for breakfast and had flowers waiting at my seat. my gift to myself was meeting with a trainer and once i returned from the gym, he had packed a picnic lunch for us to enjoy at benny's favorite place... the p-a-r-k. we spent the afternoon together and brian then again cooked us dinner. he doesn't do this often so it was quite the treat! i later found out that he found the recipe online and read in a forum the best way to prepare the meal. it was tasty but even more sweet. he closed the night by leading me out to our deck lit only by candles and the stars and then serenaded me with a song he had just written. yes, i have an amazing husband :) and i could never thank him enough for the way his love supports me. i also got my shop on with a good friend and have enjoyed sporadically receiving musical movie classics from my brother. awesome gifts!

here's a quick one of us after our picnic at the park taken with the p+s.



stay close! session sneak peeks to follow soon!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday my fellow aquarian!! My bday #45 is the 18th....yikes!! Mary Crow

Kate said...

Happy belated birthday Adrian!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxo

(what a sweet hubby!!)

Anonymous said...

You turkey!!! I didn't know it was your birthday... HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!! Mine is Saturday... so I totally feel the "another year older" vibe. Im calling you later to scold you for keeping this top secret!

Also, Brian gets a gold star for being super husband!

Anonymous said...

I miss you friend...I'm glad your birthday was good. I had to work late on mine..is that a sign of my age, maybe? No more streamers and noisemakers--I'm a geezer!

Anonymous said...

OHHHH!! and look! I see that Brian isn't wearing his Grand Avenue t-shirt in this picture!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

WHAT?? Thursday was your birthday and I didn't know?? Either I am a bad friend or you are very sneaky sneaky! Happy Belated Birthday! :)